Kelly M. Cruz is a Partner based out of the firm’s Orange County and Los Angeles offices, but also meets with clients regularly in the San Francisco office.
Mrs. Cruz focuses her practice on estate and gift tax planning for high net worth individuals and families, and has extensive experience in substantially all aspects of estate planning including traditional trusts and wills, sophisticated wealth transfer techniques, business succession planning, valuation issues pertaining to wealth transfer planning, and federal gift tax returns.
In Mrs. Cruz’s own words, she really enjoys her job because “it allows me to use my compassion and expertise to help guide clients through difficult decisions around the legacy they want to leave for their family and philanthropy. I love that I am able to connect with clients in a way that makes them feel comfortable enough to share their personal goals, and take pride in offering creative and thoughtful solutions to help clients incorporate those unique goals into their estate plan.”
Mrs. Cruz considers herself a foodie and is intrigued by trying new restaurants and types of food in each place she visits, whether it be close to home or on the other side of the world. She enjoys spending time with her husband and children, especially during their regular trips to Disneyland.
- Planned and implemented a business succession plan in collaboration with multiple advisors for a family-owned business worth over $100M
- Planned and implemented more than fifty installment sales to intentionally defective grantor trusts for assets ranging from $3M to more than $100M
- Gather information, coordinate and review appraisals pertaining to real property, closely held businesses, and family entities for wealth transfer purposes
- Counsel clients in the development and implementation of a broad range of estate plans, including the preparation of sophisticated wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, and related documents to accomplish client’s objectives as to the disposition of their estates and to minimize exposure to transfer taxes
- Oversee the preparation and filing of federal gift tax returns